Sunday, October 11, 2009

BP6 2009102- Web 2.0 Tools


 Blogr is a Web 2.0 tool that I could use with my students. I also chose this site because it allows for the uploading of video, podcasts as well as still images. I like to do blogging with students because it helps them to improve their writing skills. It also allows for research, critical thinking and the sharing of information. Blogging also allows the students to have a voice and to discuss what they are learning and have learned. How I would use Blogr is I would assist a teacher in creating a blog for use with his or her class. For example, for Environmental Science class I assisted the teacher in creating a blog for Earth Day. The students were asked to blog about what is means to “Go Green” and how have they made changes if any towards going green. Another blog assignment was the student was to blog about their environmental footprint and what changes they could make to reduce waste.

Blogr also supports video which will come in handy when I do podcasts with foreign language students. It would be great to posts the student’s podcast to the class blogr site.

References:

Blogr logo obtained from www.blogr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.